Coffee pod machines are revolutionary coffee makers that have blessed us with the ability to create our favorite drinks in the comfort of our homes. However, not many people are aware of the effect of pods or k cups used in these machines on the environment. These pods are not 100% compostable and cannot be recycled, resulting in the accumulation of plastic waste in the surrounding areas. To give you a boost in saving the environment, we have researched and came up with the five best compostable coffee pods in 2020. Read on to find out more.
If you are concerned about the plastic or waste accumulation because of these pods and want to help save the environment, it is time to say goodbye to regular coffee pods and use more eco-friendly alternatives. Several companies have produced compostable pods to address this issue and allow you to enjoy your favorite coffee without increasing your carbon footprint.
Best Compostable Coffee Pods Products:
The top 5 Compostable Coffee Pods are specialty pods that help you save the environment by minimizing plastic accumulation, offered by trusted brands in the coffee industry. These are their offerings for 2020 and are worth looking into.
Our personal RATING
All coffee pods from Gourmesso are grown from sustainable environments from local farmers across the world, promoting transparent and ecological cultivation with their Fair Trade and Rainforest Alliance certifications.
100% Compostable Coffee Pods
All capsules included in the Gourmesso ECO Espresso bundle pack are fully compostable and do not contain plastic and aluminum. It is easier to recycle and compost, allowing you to enjoy coffee responsibly.
Compatible with All Nespresso OriginalLine Machines
All capsules in the bundle are 100% compatible with Nespresso’s original brewing machines, including Inissia, U, Gran Maestria, U, KitchenAid, Prodigio, Pixie, Lattisima, Creatista, Citiz, and Essenza.
- The coffee pods contain no preservatives, giving you the same great taste but only healthier.
- All capsules are Fair Trade and Rainforest Alliance Certified, ensuring you only get the best quality brews in each pack.
- The bundle includes 60 pods with three of Gourmesso’s most popular blends, including Honduras, Arabica, and Peru Dolce.
- Fully compatible with all Nespresso Original Machines.
- 100% compostable.
All pods included in the Nespresso Compatible Capsules Compostable variety pack contain aromatic Arabica blends. These coffee blends consist of 100% Arabica beans from some of the best coffee-growing regions globally, Ethiopia, Brazil, Honduras, Tanzania, and Colombia.
Eco-Friendly Capsule Design
All coffee pods in the bundle pack are 100% compostable, biodegradable, and features a recyclable packaging, allowing you to indulge in your favorite coffee responsibly.
All capsules are oxygenated seal, allowing them to deliver longer-lasting freshness without additional packaging. It lets you enjoy a fresh cup of coffee every time.
- The outer layer of the coffee capsules contains up to 62% of renewable raw materials.
- The industrial additives to the product are biodegradable.
- All coffee pods are produced exclusively with energy from wind, sun, biogas, and hydropower.
- All capsules are fully compatible with all Nespresso OriginalLine machines.
- The blends are all roasted and packaged in Italy.
All coffee capsules in the bundle pack from Tayst Coffee are 100% compostable, providing you with a convenient and consistent brew minus the guilt. The pods contain bio-based materials that give the soil nutrients, enriching it, and reducing plastic waste.
Recycled and Recyclable Capsule Packaging
All Tayst coffee pods are made from sustainable environments from local farmers globally and consist of recycled or recyclable materials. It allows you to enjoy your morning fix while reducing your carbon footprint for a greener world.
Rainforest Alliance Certified Coffee
For each purchase you make, you help support the local families and communities where the coffee is sustainably grown. It lets you support the environment and the people.
- All coffee pods are fully compatible with all 2.0 Keurig coffee makers.
- The capsules do not contain plastic.
- The single-serve coffee capsules are made from premium coffee beans globally, satisfying all coffee lovers’ palates.
SF Bay Coffee commits itself in progressing coffee farming and producing by following innovation and sustainable practices, minimizing waste while providing some of the best coffee for consumers. Their practices include using yeast in their milling methods for a safer and greener approach to coffee production.
BPI Certified Compostable Products
All coffee pods included in the bundle pack are certified commercially compostable by the BPI (Biodegradable Products Institute), made from paper lidding, mesh coffee filter, and a plant-based ring.
Premium Arabica Blends
The coffee uses only pure Arabica coffee and Kosher certified beans, always packaged fresh. It allows you to indulge in a delicious brew every time.
- The pods only consist of the highest quality blends from premium coffee beans from local farmers worldwide.
- All coffee capsules are made from 100% compostable materials, including paper lids, plant-based rings, and mesh coffee filters.
- All coffee pods are BPI certified.
Gourmesso’s coffee pods are the premier solution for all environmentally conscious coffee drinkers. All capsules only use 100% compostable bio-based materials that entirely disintegrate in industrial composting facilities in 12 weeks.
Affordable Greener Solution
Even with its innovative and environmentally friendly design, all Eco-Line pods from Gourmesso are still 30% cheaper than Original coffee capsules, allowing you to enjoy coffee responsibly while saving money.
Plastic-Free and Aluminum-Free Coffee Pods
All coffee capsules from Gourmesso contains zero plastic and aluminum, allowing you to enjoy responsibly. Brewing cups for a greener world.
- All Gourmesso capsules are Fair Trade, and Rainforest Alliance certified, allowing you to enjoy your fresh cup while giving back to the community.
- The coffee pods are 100% compostable, allowing you to enrich the soil while reducing plastic waste.
- All coffee capsules are 100% industrially compostable, enabling the products to disintegrate in industrial composting facilities in 3 months wholly.
What are biodegradable coffee pods?
Biodegradable coffee pods are like compostable capsules, but they do not require the same process that industrial certified compostable undergoes with, and biodegradable capsules can be placed in a compost bin made from home. These capsules are made of oxo-biodegradable materials that typically break down after two years in a landfill. Although compostable capsules are still a great alternative, biodegradable products always have a better impact on the environment.
These pods are offered by several companies that are starting their movement towards a greener world, some of the most renowned names are Gourmesso and San Francisco’s Bay Gourmet Coffee.
What machines use biodegradable K-cups?
Recyclable K-cups are being popularized because of their massive beneficial impacts on our environment, but have you wondered where to use these little eco fighters?
The most famous coffee machine manufacturer that are passionate advocates for a better and greener world is Keurig, and you can use any machine from this company as they are also the ones that revolutionized the concept of 100% compostable coffee pods. San Francisco’s Bay Gourmet Coffee is also a premium choice if you are looking for a machine that can brew you a good coffee cup using your favorite coffee grounds in forms of recyclable capsules. However, you can also use any standard coffee maker for these K-cups.
How do you recycle compostable K-cups?
The traditional way of using coffee grounds to brew your favorite coffee on your coffee maker has been messy. While coffee pods have proved to be an excellent solution in helping you make your morning cup of joe, they have contributed to the accumulation of waste in our environment. These capsules usually end up in landfills and can last for decades before breaking down. However, with recent companies taking notice of this issue, more are addressing it. But the question is, are K-cups recyclable?
Some of these are, and recycling them is a responsible way of disposing of your waste. Below is how you recycle each recyclable K-cup.
- After using the pod, make sure to let it cool before starting the recycling process since it is hot and can injure you.
- When it has cooled down, puncture the capsule’s lid. Unfortunately, most councils of any recycling system usually do not pick up small materials, so anything like the size of a bottle cap goes straight to a landfill.
- Peel the cover off, collect these foils and combine them into a small ball so it can be picked up by your local recycling system.
- You can compost the coffee grounds inside the pod and dispose of it on your garden, vegetable patch, green waste bin, or home compost.
- Let the filter stay with the capsule or dispose of it with the grounds.
- Wash the or rinse the capsule off with remaining dust.
- Recycle, make sure to check locally for recycling programs.
You can also reuse the recyclable k-cups if you want. Even if you dispose of the pod’s lid with the filter, the grounds and the filter can decompose, allowing you to make an excellent environmental contribution. You can place your traditional plastic and aluminum pods in your local recycling organization, so make sure to include these conventional capsules in your recycling process.
How do you make compost out of recyclable compostable coffee pods?
Composting even just one coffee pod can make a massive difference in the environment’s health. Most pods are packed in one pouch, making it easier for you to dispose of it into your green waste bin or home compost. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to compost your coffee pods.
- Open the cup, use a knife or something sharp to cut the foil lid of the container.
- Remove the foil and bundle it up with other foils to make it eligible for recycling.
- Remove the grounds inside the cup, ensure you do this process over a container to help you transfer it to a composting bin easier.
- Remove the filter paper, and this is located inside the cup.
- When the grounds and filter are removed, place them into your compost pit or bin.
By now, you should know that numerous advantages and benefits come with using compostable coffee capsules in 2020; it can also help you reduce your carbon footprint, allowing you to contribute to a healthier planet effectively. Making small changes in your life, such as using recyclable k-cups for your morning fix, can have a significant impact on the environment’s health. We all need to advocate for a cleaner and healthier world, making all the significant or little changes we can.
You may worry that the cost of saving the environment may be too high, but you don’t have to worry because these capsules are reasonably priced while still giving you top-quality coffee. The Gourmesso ECO Espresso 60 is our recommendation for the best compostable coffee pods. We hope our top five picks of these eco-friendly pods have made your decision in converting to a greener approach to coffee brewing easier.
More Posts in this Category:
First thing in the morning and nobody wants a cold cup of coffee. You only want to stay at home and sip your favorite coffee
For coffee connoisseurs, coffee should always be fresh to fully enjoy its great flavors. Beans that have gone stale are like wasting precious consumables. But
One of the things that affect the coffee flavor and aroma of your favorite java comes from the brewing machine. While a flavorless or foul-tasting
A top-quality coffee maker is one of the best kitchen appliances you can have if you love the morning fix of your favorite cup of
Roasty fans today are interested in home coffee brewers. Some prefer to create their coffee beverages from scratch. They enjoy the convenience and speed it
You don’t need fancy expensive machines to get your favorite drinks or ideal brew. Pour over coffee drippers are the favorite coffee maker amongst coffee
Have you noticed the creamy top of your favorite espresso drinks like the latte, cappuccino, or cafe au lait? Have you ever wondered what it’s
The single-serve coffee maker comes in a wide range of sizes, shapes, and functionalities. These could be manual or fully automated, which allows people to
Being picky with your grinds is very common if you are a lover of great-tasting coffee. Sometimes, you would wish to grind your coffee, and an
Whenever you hear about the best stainless steel coffee maker, what is the first thing that comes to mind? Do you think it is a
Planning to start your café or coffee shop can be a daunting process. A lot of things just need to be planned out, and you
A lot of people love to get a cup of their favorite coffee drink while on their way to work. But to some, stopping at
Looking for a high end coffee maker that offers the best value for money? Our top five of the best high end coffee makers of 2019 is a great place to start!
The best coffee maker with grinder is an all-in-one coffee machine every coffee fan should have. Read on for the best brand and model coffee maker with grinder.
Indulge in the convenience of instant coffee without compromising quality, taste and health benefits. Read on the Best Instant Coffee of 2020.