Latte is an espresso-based drink that requires an intricate process of frothing milk to achieve a silky, creamy, and smooth flavor. A good latte machine should allow experimentation on the various techniques of frothing together with its many features and benefits. A good latte is more than pouring the steamed milk into one or two espresso shots. Latte is an art that coffee connoisseurs have to practice until perfection. The concern of this review is to find out the best latte machine you can find on the market today.
With the many coffee machines on the market today, there is no excuse for a coffee lover not to have the finest and highest class of coffee drinks, especially latte. You can make use of your top-notch coffee machine, techniques, experience, and a supply of fresh coffee beans, and creamy milk to create the best-tasting latte and other coffee beverages anytime you want it.
Best Latte Machine Products:
The Jura E8 is an excellent, well-rounded machine with plenty of features that you don’t typically find in other brands. It is a robust espresso machine that does most of the difficult jobs for you when it comes to brewing specialty drinks while allowing customization to let you fine-tune the flavor tailored to your particular taste.
Jura makes some of the best coffee maker models in the industry. While their products are not perfect, they have many advantages that you don’t find in many other super-automatic espresso makers.
The first thing that you will notice about this espresso machine is its color. Buyers in the US market can choose from chrome or black, with some silver accents. This is an important consideration because you are likely to leave fingerprints on the appliance every time you touch it. Expensive coffee makers that are made of brushed metal are good at hiding fingerprints.
For the international market, Jura 8 modes are available in Dark Inox, platinum, and plain white. These units require a 220-volt outlet.
The Jura E8 is partly made of ABS plastic, a sturdy material, although not as durable as those built using more metal.
The Jura E8 2019 model measures 11 inches x 13.6 inches x 17.5 inches. It weighs 21.6 pounds. This appliance might be a bit of a challenge finding a permanent home in your kitchen, depending on your available counter space and clearance you have under the cabinets. Moving this model from one area of your kitchen to another will not be a big problem because it is light in weight, making moving less of a challenge.
The Jura E8 has an impressive 63.6-ounce tank that will be appreciated by most rabid coffee lovers, or a large household with many casual drinkers. The tank is top-loading and may be detached from the unit’s left side. Purchasing the unit comes with an extra filter.
This appliance is considered a super-automatic coffee machine because of the beans to the brew system. Everything needed to make a wide range of coffee beverages is contained in the same unit.
The grinder is a conical, ceramic burr, a superior grinder than its stainless-steel competitors. The advantage of this grinder is that it does not heat up like the stainless steel grinder, so you avoid having burnt coffee ground that can ruin the flavor of the drink you are making.
The bean-hopper is top loading. It is attached to the grinder, the two being well-paired in terms of size. As with other Jura machines, the E8 has a two-scoop bypass doser, which allows for a quick and convenient way to enjoy a cup of coffee on those occasions when you can’t wait to go through the whole process. The two-scoop doser lets you make a really strong coffee. While most super-automatic espresso machines have a bypass doser, they are almost always single-scoop capacity.
The Jura E8 has a single aluminum boiler that is lined with stainless steel. It uses the Thermoblock technology for rapid heating.
The brew unit and control system
These two items are the heart and soul of the Jura E8. The brew unit is not removable, which requires a once a week cleaning using a cleansing tab to clean the unit. The Jura E8 uses a new technology – Pulse Extraction Process. Unlike the conventional brewing method of espresso that releases water in a steady stream, PEP releases the water in a series of short, controlled bursts. This method results in a more robust and full-bodied flavor.
The following are the features of the Jura E8:
- The E8 can make 18 different specialty drinks at the touch of a button.
- The 64-0unce water tank and 10-0unce bean container require less-frequent refilling.
- This appliance can brew eight coffee strength levels.
- There is a new Professional Fine Foam Frother that can produce feather-like milk foam or hot milk.
- Six-level grinder for the optimal grind
- The spout can be adjusted in height for a wide variety of cup sizes.
- There is a new chrome-plated cup grille and grooved water tank design.
- It offers bean-to-cup convenience.
- It uses the Thermoblock heating system.
- There are three programmable hot water temperatures and three programmable brewing temperatures.
- This machine conserves energy through the energy-save mode and zero-energy switch.
- It is a solid appliance
- A perfect machine for a power coffee drinker who loves coffee and the usual cappuccino
- This model cuts the learning curve down to a minimum
- The machine takes care of a lot of maintenance on its own
- It requires limited input to clean and operate the appliance
Jura is known for its patented technologies such as the Pulse Extraction Process, which enhances extraction time and optimizes the brewing process. You will be able to enjoy the deep aroma of the brews that may range from latte and cappuccino to café americano. It is also ideal for brewing specialty coffee such as espresso, macchiato, cappuccino and more. Best of all, it happens with the touch of the button.
It is difficult to hide the Jura J6 in a cabinet. The new design features a coffee spout that is chrome-plated, glass grille for a cup, and rotary switch that has blue crystal design. And the newly designed storage compartment that has an access spot for hiding the milk spout and a milk pipe that is interchangeable. As with other Jura machines, the J6 used quality materials and Swiss precision in its construction.
Unlike many popular coffee machines today, the Jura J6 does not use pods or ground coffee. It uses whole coffee beans. Each time you select the coffee you want, the machine grinds the right amount of beans using its special PEP technology for the full body of flavor with superior crema. It does not only create better-tasting coffee, but it is kinder on the environment and is more affordable too.
After each use, the machine rinses itself by powering off or directs you on what you need to do, such as filling the tank, filling coffee beans, or emptying the drip tray, and so on.
This machine is much smarter than most smart coffee machines on the market. It is suitable for both beginners and those who have the skills and confidence in brewing the perfect cup of coffee.
The Jura J6 has the following features:
- High tech innovation – The Jura 6 smart coffee machine pioneered the future of making specialty coffee at home.
- Optimal Operation – The Jura 6 features a Thin Film Transistor display and a rotary dial that provides easy access to its features. The use of the color display will let you decide on your beverage of choice to be displayed on the screen and Let the J6 Wi-Fi coffee maker work its magic. The advanced functions give you the tools that you need to make brewing a great cup of specialty coffee easier than ever.
- Barista Quality Brew – The patented technologies of Jura 6 enhanced extraction time and optimized the brewing process. You will taste the nuances in aromas when you brew different coffee drinks such as latte or cappuccino. Everything happens with the touch of a button.
- Smart connect smartphone connectivity – Jura Smart Connect can hook up with your smartphone through Bluetooth technology to give you easier operation. You can program and brew drinks using your smartphone because of the intuitive Jura operating experience. The smart connect is an innovative manner to make the touchscreen operable.
- Intelligent pre-brew aroma system – The Jura 6’s Variable Brewing Unit allows you to make your coffee drink using from 5 to 16 grams of coffee. The Jura’s intelligent pre-brew aroma system pre-infuses the grounds prior to brewing to ensure the best possible extraction. You are allowed to make some adjustments to the coffee temperature and volume for each drink.
- Pulse Extraction Process – The innovative Pulse Extraction Process shoots water pulses through the coffee grounds to extract greater intensity of aroma and shorten the overall brew time. With PEP, short espresso drinks can be prepared with greater clarity. You can easily prepare a double ristretto, espresso, or coffee, or an espresso or latte macchiato, cappuccino, or flat white in just one touch.
- Aroma G3 Grinder – The Aroma G3 Grinder ensures even, quiet, and fast grinding. The grinder has adjustments for seven fitness settings to impact the extraction time. It has an excellent burr set with new cutting angles that results in even grind and higher efficiency. A built-in bypass doser that allows for pre-ground coffee brewing, too.
- It has an adjustable froth setting
- The coffee spout can be adjusted up and down
- The milk container is integrated into the design
- This machine is quick and easy to clean
- There are 13 individual drink settings.
Jura has been known for its high-quality coffee machines. The Jura ENA 8 is the company’s model home machine that gives you a cup of coffee at a time. The machine produces an excellent brew that can be expected only from an automatic coffee machine.
The Jura ENA 8 is an entry-level machine. You should consider a higher grade coffee machine from Jura if you need a fully automatic machine that is capable of more coffee types.
The Jura ENA 8 makes the following type of coffee:
- Espresso doppio
- Latte macchiato
- Flat white
- Portion of milk foam
- Hot water
The Jura ENA 8 has a milk attachment that creates fine, feather-light, creamy milk foam that is good for a cappuccino type of coffee but not true milk coffee like a flat white. It is easy to store the milk container in the refrigerator and connect the delivery pipe when needed.
Ease of use
This machine is easy to use. Simply throw 125 grams of beans into the grinder, 1.1 liters of water in the removable jug, turn on the machine, and heating will be quick.
You can operate this coffee machine even without reading the instruction manual.
Cleaning and maintenance
There is not much to do with this machine except to remove the spent ground container. Refill the tank if it is unused for a few days. The milk container and line should be cleaned. The drip tray should be emptied, and spout cleaned. There is also an automatic rinsing system.
You can also use powdered coffee via the bypass, so you will need to wipe down the outside to remove any spillage.
This machine looks sleek, modern, and premium. The machine is not too big to have, even in a small kitchen. You will only need to leave a little more room on the right side of the machine to change the water jug and some on the left for ventilation.
2.8 inch TFT screen
The TFT screen is more than adequate for the task. The user interface and imagery are clean. The machine is very intuitive to use with its prompts and controls.
There is the option to install the Jura BT dongle and hook up to JOE, a coffee control app.
The Jura ENA 8 is a perfect home coffee machine for those who want a simple good black coffee. It also met the needs of people who would work in a small home office.
The ENA 8 will impress you with its specialty coffee beverages that come from freshly ground beans, not a capsule. It has the following features:
- 15 pump pressure bars
- 2.8” TFT display
- 1.1 L water tank capacity
- Three levels of hot water function
- Ten specialties
- Pulse Extraction Process
- Ten programmable coffee strength levels
- 125 g bean container
- The machine offers competitive coffee quality with its full-size brethren.
- It has a minimalist design.
- Attention to detail is excellent.
- The latte machines do not sacrifice features to fit its tiny frame.
- This appliance will look good in your kitchen.
Because of a wide range of amazingly new technologies, the Jura ENA Micro 90 is a perfect coffee maker that can extract the most out of whole coffee beans. The first technology featured in this model is the Aroma G3 grinder that is twice as fast as the previous Jura grinders.
The grinder is quieter as it uses burrs that help in improving the cutting angle, resulting in a more consistent grind. The brilliant grinder is also equipped with six fineness adjustments to users who could dial in a grind that is compatible with the desired coffee beverage and coffee beans. You can use a coarser grind for your regular coffee and make a finer type of milk-based and espresso beverages.
Jura has put PEP in coffee brewing – Pulse Extraction Process. This incredible new feature allows water to be pulsed via its grounds in small intervals to extract more aroma as well as intensity. The result is a deep syrupy crema that will make espresso with more clarity and flavor than in regular coffees.
PEP brewing comes with ten coffee strength settings. Most of the bean-to-cup latte machines on the market typically feature three to five strength settings. Because of the ten settings, Micro 90 users can dial in flavor based on their preferences.
The following are the key features of the Jura ENA Micro 90:
- PEP is a new process of pulse extraction brewing that will significantly improve the quality of the espresso shot of Jura automatic coffee maker
- This compact automatic coffee maker with One Touch technology that can brew different specialty drinks at the touch of a button
- A rotary dial makes it easy to change milk and coffee volumes and strength to ensure the perfect cup of specialty coffee every time.
- A traffic light display makes the easy operation of the Jura ENA Micro 90 One Touch: Green means the appliance is ready for brewing; yellow is in the programming mode, and red means cleaning is needed.
- A high-grade conical burr grinder has five fineness settings.
- The ground coffee funnel automatically allows for a transition from beans to ground coffee.
- The Jura ENA Micro 90 has gained perfection in the entire brewing process for short specialty coffees.
- The Aroma G3 grinder is twice as fast in making sure that the coffee has been optimally grounding to maintain the full aroma.
- The PEP can optimize the extraction time by pulsing hot water through the coffee grounds at brief intervals.
- It has One-Touch technology.
- This appliance has a compact elegance.
What is a latte coffee machine
While there are many things to consider when people talk of one latte coffee appliance, what they are looking for is nothing but a regular coffee maker, maybe one espresso maker that makes lattes exceptionally well.
As one coffee lover knows, a latte is a coffee that is drenched in milk. This means that the milk function of the appliance – the frother – is a very important factor in making a latte. Some coffee lovers go as far as to claim that there is no need to worry too much about the espresso side of things, espresso being a small part of the overall taste of a latte.
Of course, many people will beg to disagree as the best cup of latte starts with the best coffee and the best espresso machine or latte machines. You can have the best milk froth in the world, but when you mix that with a poor tasting espresso, you wasted your money preparing that milk froth. Or, you do not know how to taste good coffee!
Finding a good or espresso maker simply means that you have an appliance that handles both coffee and the milk very well.
How is a latte machine different from a regular coffee machine?
A regular coffee maker or espresso maker was designed specifically to brew coffee or espresso. One appliance might have the best features to turn coffee beans into the freshest and good-tasting coffee. However, the features and functionalities of the unit are limited to brewing coffee, most likely exceptionally tasting coffee. When a coffee maker has no milk frothing functionality or even just a steam wand, it cannot be considered as a latte machine.
A latte machine is specifically designed to have excellent milk frothing parts. The appliance may be designed to make the best coffee or espresso if you own the best espresso machines, but another important feature is its ability to make high-quality and smoothest milk froth. The combination of these two important functionalities makes a good latte machine.
How is a latte maker different from a regular espresso machine?
An espresso machine brews coffee using pressurized hot water that is forced through a puck of ground coffee beans and a filter to produce a concentrated and thick coffee known in the coffee world as espresso. An espresso machine typically has a milk frother for making milk-based drinks such as latte, cappuccino, flat white, and more. However, a milk frother may not be an integral part of the espresso machine. There are many espresso machines with no built-in frother or steamer. What people use instead is one portable milk frother or steamer, a separate kitchen gadget that can be purchased separately from the espresso machine.
A latte maker is an espresso machine with a built-in milk frother or steamer to make lattes, cappuccinos, and other milk-based coffee beverages.
Do all espresso machines make lattes?
Espresso machines are designed to make espresso shots. Many espresso machines do not come with an integrated milk frother or steamer. As such, these espresso machines cannot make lattes. If you want to make a latte using this type of machine, you will need to purchase a separate portable milk frother or steamer. This means that you will buy and maintain two separate gadgets in your kitchen, instead of only one if you purchase a latte machine, which is an espresso machine with a built-in milk frother or steamer.
What is the best coffee machine to make lattes?
Many automatic coffee makers can be considered as the best latte maker. The various coffee machines from Jura may all be categorized as the best coffee machines in the world as all of them have features and functionalities that coffee lovers are looking for in a coffee machine.
Out of the various coffee machines from Jura, the Jura E8 Chrome Automatic Coffee Machine is the hands-down choice of many coffee connoisseurs to be the best machine as it possesses almost all the features that these people are looking for in a latte machine.
How do you make a latte at home with a machine?
There are times when you crave a latte at home, but you don’t have an espresso machine with a frother or steamer.
If espresso is not available, try brewing a very strong coffee.
You don’t need a fancy milk foamer to make milk froth at home. You will need 2% milk in a mason jar, which you will shake until it becomes foamy. Once you have enough foam, take off the lid and microwave it for a few seconds. You will have a spoonful of foam and warm milk to pour into your strong coffee.
You now have a home-made latte.
What is the Best Coffee Machine?
The best coffee machine is one which is easy to use, flexible to the user’s needs, convenient and creates delicious coffee. If it is easy to use, then it will be used often. It should be flexible enough to make an espresso, a latte, a cappuccino and other beverages. A quick heating system provides convenience for the coffee drinker. The result should be delicious drinks for all. Other variables would dictate the choice of machine. This includes the price, size, water tank volume and other amenities and accessories.
For most needs, the JURA E8 Chrome Automatic Coffee Machine stands out as a durable choice for the best coffee machine.
Conclusion: The best latte machine for home use
The Jura automatic coffee makers will be good choices for a latte machine for home use. You cannot go wrong when you choose any one of the Jura machines that we reviewed here. The Jura machines will transform your kitchen into a high-end coffee shop with you being the finest barista ever.
The best latte machine will let you brew coffee with ease and convenience and let you dial in the best tasting latte and other espresso-based drinks you fancy.
More Posts in this Category:
Have you ever heard of someone who does not love a cup of Nespresso? This cup is a taste of love in the morning, and
In the market for a commercial espresso machine? Make sure to check out our picks for the best commercial espresso machines of 2019.