Starbucks is one of the most well-known coffee chains globally, boasting over 25,000 stores across the world. They have been whipping out some of the most delicious coffee-based beverages since 1971, satisfying palates and coffee cravings for nearly 50 years. And we all love a great fresh cup of Starbucks coffee! However, we do not always want to go out or pay the sky-high prices to get our caffeine fix. Worry not, as you can learn how to make your favorite signature Starbucks beverages at home by following these Starbucks Recipes.
From regular brews to intricate macchiatos, we have compiled some of the most popular and secret recipe variations from Starbucks to let you have the authentic Starbucks experience at home.
Most Popular Starbucks Recipes
The menu at Starbucks is very extensive, giving endless flavor possibilities that cater to all taste buds. With each drink option looking as good as the next, and if you are trying to create your favorite Starbucks at home but wonder where you should start, here are some of Starbucks's most popular beverages.
The vanilla latte is one of the earliest beverages featured in the popular coffee chain and is perhaps the most famous Starbucks drink to this day. It is a versatile drink that can keep your health goals checked with its simple recipe, satisfying your cravings for a classic craft coffee.
- Full-bodied espresso roast
- Milk of your choice
- Classic vanilla syrup or sugar-free vanilla syrup
Brew the espresso shot and steam the milk of your choice. Then add two tablespoons of vanilla syrup into the brew, slowly pour the steam milk, and enjoy.
Starbucks' Caffè Americano is an Italian version of the classic 'American coffee,' which replaces milk with plain hot water, giving you a straightforward and robust espresso drink with its minimal recipe. It is a staple in most stores of the famous coffeehouse.
- Full-bodied espresso roast
- One and one-fourth cups of hot water
Boil water on a kettle or Moka pot, ensure you keep the temperature between 195°F to 205°F for the best results. When it reaches the perfect temperature, pour the water into a mug. Prepare at least two espresso shots using a stove-top Moka pot or an espresso machine. Slowly pour the espresso shots into the serving vessel with water and enjoy.
It is a Starbucks classics, debuting in 1996 and has been a stable favorite for over two decades. It is a standard favorite among coffee lovers with a bit of a sweet tooth, having a recipe that perfectly balances sweetness and bitterness.
- One shot of espresso
- 1 cup of 2 percent milk or any milk of your choice
- One tablespoon of standard or sugar-free vanilla syrup
- Caramel sauce
Prepare one espresso shot using a Moka pot or an automatic espresso machine, froth the milk of your choice until you reach a smooth consistency. Pour the vanilla syrup into the bottom of the mug. Fill the serving vessel with ¾ of the milk of your choice, and the remaining ¼ with the milk foam. Pour the espresso shot into the mug, and drizzle caramel sauce on the frothed milk, enjoy your homemade Starbucks caramel macchiato.
What is in a frappuccino
Starbucks is known for its excellent brews and delicious frappes. With the caramel frappuccino and mocha frappuccino being the most popular flavors. A typical frappuccino from the Starbucks menu follows a recipe that includes brewed regular coffee, ice, whole or 2 percent milk, sugar, and different flavored syrups such as caramel syrup and cinnamon syrup, chocolate syrup, or peach syrup, and whipped cream.
How to make a frappuccino
Starbucks frappuccino is a universal favorite drink among avid coffee lovers and casual coffee drinkers. From popular flavors such as caramel frappuccino and mocha frappuccino, you can never get enough!
If you have always wanted to make your very own frappuccino at home, follow this simple recipe on how to make a frappuccino drink:
- 1 cup of regular coffee or a ¾ cup of freshly brewed espresso
- ¾ cup of any milk of your choice
- Three tablespoons of sugar or other sweeteners of your choice
- 2 cups of ice
- Chocolate sauce
- Whipped cream
Place all the ingredients, except the whipped cream inside a blender, start blending until you reach the right consistency, and pour the content inside a serving vessel. Top it off with fresh whipped cream, and generously drizzle chocolate sauce on top, enjoy!
Good Starbucks drinks that you should try now
What is a macchiato coffee? Why is it so popular? Have you always wanted to try it but don't know where to get it? The best way you can explore the different coffee possibilities is by spoiling yourself from Starbucks' broad array of coffee options. Order a simple shot of espresso or create your very own beverages following Starbucks copycat recipes with the help of the excellent espresso machine Keurig.
If you're having a hard time deciding which beverages you should try, here are some of the best Starbucks beverages that you should try now:
- Iced White Chocolate Mocha is also known as the 'white chocolate delight,' and it is a part of the best cold beverages based on flavor.
- Cinnamon Roll Frappuccino - It is also a part of the best chilled drinks, boasting delicious cinnamon syrup and coffee, finished off with chocolate mocha sauce and vanilla bean.
- Hot Chocolate - Relive your childhood with a classic hot chocolate, doused in mocha and vanilla flavored syrups, topped off with whipped cream and chocolate sauce.
- Java Chip Frappuccino - Nothing beats a perfect recipe combination of mocha sauce and chocolate chips, blended perfectly with coffee, milk, and ice.
Cool Starbucks drinks released with the seasons
The massive coffee chain offers unique limited holiday beverages across the world, offering fresh new items on their menus during different seasons. Create a brew at home with copycat Starbucks recipes or wait for the specific seasons to grab one of these seasonal beverages.
The following are some of the most popular seasonal beverages that Starbucks has to offer:
- Peppermint Mocha - It consists of brewed espresso, melted premium chocolate, milk, peppermint syrup, topped off with whipped cream and delectable chocolate shavings, giving you Christmas in one cup.
- Caramel Brulee Latte - It made its debut about a decade ago, and many patrons of the popular coffee chain bombard their local stores for this seasonal drink. It resembles a classic frappuccino, with the addition of crunchy caramel Brulee bits at the top.
- Gingerbread Latte - Gingerbread is a traditional flavor that makes the holiday seasons taste and smell so great!
Are you tired of getting the same regular items from your local Starbucks? Try ordering from their secret menu, giving you endless coffee possibilities. To order off from this hidden menu, tell your local barista what to place in your drink, giving you a unique personalized cup.
If you are looking for inspiration for your unique concoction, here are some of the best recipe variations found on the secret menu:
- Butterbeer Frappuccino - Made with caramel and toffee syrup with a simple Creme Frappuccino base. Take a trip to your favorite Harry Potter series or movie with this classic drink.
- S'mores Frappuccino - Relive your childhood with this delicious campfire treat by adding cinnamon and toffee nut syrup to a java chip frappe.
Starbucks copycat drinks
Whip yourself up with a fix of your favorite signature Starbucks' coffee beverages at home with these Starbucks copycat recipes, allowing you to indulge in your favorite brews with minimal costs.
Follow these Starbucks copycat recipes to have the authentic Starbucks experience at home:
Pumpkin Spice Latte
The Starbucks pumpkin spice latte drink is one of the most popular beverages on the menu of Starbucks. Although it is a seasonal drink because of its vast popularity, some stores included it in its permanent menu Starbucks. This copycat Starbucks recipe can help you recreate this famous drink at home.
- Milk of your choice
- Brewed espresso
- Pumpkin spice sauce
- Real pumpkin puree
- Brown Sugar
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Whipped cream
Pour the milk and other ingredients except for the espresso, whipped cream, and pumpkin pie spice, inside a blender, blend it until it reaches a smooth consistency. Place it into a mug, add the brewed espresso and top it off with whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice.
Green Tea Latte
If you want to try something new, you can try Starbucks's classic matcha green tea latte. It is the perfect drink for those who love green tea with its simple combination of smooth and creamy matcha, sweetener, and milk. This copycat Starbucks recipe can help you recreate a perfect green tea latte at home.
- One teaspoon of matcha green tea powder
- One to two teaspoons of sugar
- A handful of ice
- Two tablespoons of hot water
- 1 ½ cups of whole milk or other milk of your choice
- Whipped cream (optional)
Add the two tablespoons of hot water into a mug, then add the sugar and matcha powder into the vessel, and mix thoroughly. Let it cool down for a minute or two, pour the one ½ cups of milk, and place the ice cubes inside the mug. Finally, add whipped cream at the top or not; this will depend on your recipe preference.
Grabbing your favorite brews or frappuccinos from your local Starbucks may be a great way to get them in the best quality possible, but nothing beats making them at home! Recreate your favorite signature Starbucks beverages by following the various Starbucks Recipes we have featured, experiment, and combine different flavors for the ultimate coffee experience.