For busy people, instant is becoming a trend. Whether it’s for food or a drink. Instant makes their life easier, and they can be on the go with whatever they want. For the same reason, the best instant coffee was made. This is for the people who cannot wait for a minute or more just to get a sip of their favorite drink because there are more things that they need to attend to. Instant coffee is the answer to those individuals who need a touch of caffeine in their day without delaying anything from their schedule.
Best Instant Coffee Products
Instant coffee means your drink can be prepared in a very quick way. No time is needed to be spent on grinding, brewing, and cooking. All you need to do is simply pour a couple of spoons to a cup of water. And that’s it! Your coffee is ready to drink.
However, some instant comes with a drawback. Sometimes, because of how easy they can be prepared, soluble coffee can taste different from a regular coffee. That’s why choosing the best soluble coffee is very important, though it can be difficult. Yes, you will have a hard time choosing the best one because of so many varieties that you will find in the market today.
Good thing, we have prepared the top five best soluble coffee that you can check out right away. With these products, you don’t have to struggle with choosing which soluble coffee is perfect for your morning.
Finally, you have an instant coffee that you can enjoy in the comfort of your home without leaving the richness and smoothness of a fresh-brewed Starbucks coffee.
This VIA Instant Coffee is your partner wherever you go. Whether you are on a road trip, on a camping trip, on a boat, or even at the office, this soluble coffee is your perfect partner because you can easily make your cup of coffee. For instant satisfaction as well as a perfect cup of coffee, you only need to follow these steps:
- To open your packet of Starbucks VIA Instant Coffee Colombia, just tear the side then pour it in your favorite cup.
- After you add the hot water, you need to wait for 10 minutes before you can stir the combination.
- As soon as the coffee blended well with the hot water, you can enjoy the rich, smooth taste of 100 percent Colombian arabica coffee. It also comes with a signature nutty flavor that makes every sip exciting.
For those who love the idea of backpacking with coffee, try Starbucks VIA for a complete outdoor experience. The fact that it is the top instant coffee in this review tells a lot. But the best thing about this product is its taste that makes every coffee lover fall as soon as they get a taste of it.
The flavor is one of the top things that we patiently practiced to ignore for a packet of soluble coffee, especially if we have been using one. Since we have been used to the flavor, regardless if it tastes like the fresh coffee that we want, we just stick with what we have since it can quench our thirst for coffee for a day. Fortunately, this product makes a difference in this part. It can give you a fantastic cup of coffee that could be the closest to the freshly-brewed coffee that you love.
As soon as the pocket has been mixed and dissolved in hot water, the aroma alone will make you crave for more. This soluble coffee comes without sugar, which makes it perfect for those who prefer a black coffee. All you need to do is stir the mixture, and you have the best coffee for a day.
However, since Starbucks VIA is very popular today, finding some identical duplicates is never surprising. That’s why you need to be vigilant about this concern. Don’t be fooled with the “Deals Plus!” offers from unauthorized sellers of instant coffee. Most of these deals are either not real, or the coffee that they are selling is reported to be expired.
- This is a ready-to-brew coffee. All you need to do is add hot water, stir, and your coffee is ready to be served!
- Starbucks VIA Instant Coffee features a 100 percent Colombian Arabica coffee boost with a signature walnut flavor.
- This instant coffee is a classic medium roast, and it has a balance of smoothness and richness flavors.
- With this instant coffee, you can enjoy a delightful taste instantly at any time of the day.
- You can brew it in a very quick and easy way.
- The coffee’s packaging is compact, as well as portable.
- Very convenient to bring anywhere.
- The product is fairly priced, making it the best soluble coffee for everyone.
The 100% Colombian Instant Coffee is made from fresh and handpicked Arabica beans. This best soluble coffee is sourced directly from more than 500,000 small coffee growers that are part of the Colombian Coffee Federation.
As soon as the beans are picked, they will be gently roasted, frozen, and concentrated; then, it will be dried to make an incredible instant coffee that is perfect for every coffee lover out there. You can enjoy this Colombian Instant Coffee as a black coffee, or you can add some cream and sugar for latte lovers. You can also use it in making refreshing iced coffee drinks that you often get by visiting a coffee shop in your area.
- This instant coffee is 100% Arabica coffee.
- Expect the best aroma and taste which comes from fresh, handpicked beans.
- Every bean that was used in making this instant coffee was sourced from over 500,000 small coffee growers in Colombia.
- If you are picky with your instant coffee, this one is perfect for you because it is all-natural.
- Since this product is made from 100% Arabica beans, you can expect the best from 100% Colombian Instant Coffee.
- The rich, deep tasting notes will make you crave for more each day.
- Experience a great tasting coffee in a few seconds—no waiting games.
Kauai is known as the oldest major island in the Hawaiian chain. Aside from that, this is an ideal geographic location for anyone interested in growing coffee. The island has everything that you need for an abundant yield of coffee beans – the Pacific sun, abundant mountain rain, rich volcanic earth, and cool trade winds. These combinations are perfect in creating impeccable growing conditions.
Every Kirkland Signature Cafe Cappuccino Instant Coffee Drink Mix is guaranteed to meet or even exceed the quality standards of the leading national brands. With this instant coffee, you can give yourself the chance to enjoy a fresh cup of Café Cappuccino at any time of the day, whether it is with hot water, cold water, or blended.
- Enjoy an instant coffee with the taste like freshly-brewed Cappuccino.
- This product is made from Kauai coffee that can be found in the oldest major island of the Hawaiian chain.
- You can serve it in different options – whether it is hot, iced, or blended.
- Since the product comes in individual pouches, you can expect that your instant drink is always fresh and flavorful.
- Net weight is 2lb 12.5oz (1.25kg.)
- Café Cappuccino is very easy to prepare.
- It can meet or even exceed your expectations when it comes to instant drinks.
- It is made from beans that grew in an impeccable growing condition.
- Nothing beats its aroma as soon as the powder has blended well to the hot water.
- Since it is packed individually, it is perfect for any outdoor activities like camping and road trips.
To achieve a rich, classic roast flavor and aroma, this Decaffeinated blend was carefully roasted. This product will give you a cup of fresh, brewed coffee in an instant way. You will never go wrong with this instant drink from Nescafe.
With Nescafe Taster’s Choice Decaf Coffee Stick Packs, you can expect a smooth instant drink that tastes like your favorite mild roasted coffee. It was made from 100 perfect pure and responsibly sourced coffee beans.
Choosing this product, it is very easy to prepare a free-tasting, consistent cup of coffee with no hassle caused by roasting and grinding. Every bean was roasted to a precise color by the company’s Master Coffee Crafters, while carefully monitoring the brewing temperature to make sure that coffee loves will get an exceptional flavor in every cup.
To guarantee that the optimal coffee taste is locked in, every freshly brewed batch of this product was flash frozen. The Stick Packs of this instant drink helps in minimizing product waste through their long-lasting, fresh, tasted compared to roast and ground coffee.
- The company behind this great instant drink has been awarded as the 2008 Best Taste Award.
- The roast intensity of Nescafe Taster’s Choice Decaf Coffee Stick Packs is light/medium roast, original.
- It is mildly roasted to achieve a smooth flavor.
- This product is 99.7% caffeine-free.
- Net weight is 10oz (283g.)
- These stick packs are easy to open, which makes them the perfect instant coffee in the office or during outdoor trips.
- This product was made from 100% pure premium coffee and responsibly sourced beans.
- You can expect an instant drink that was brewed to perfection.
- The flash-frozen feature guarantees that the flavor is locked.
This Nescafe Clasico Dark Roast Pure Instant Coffee will allow you to enjoy a refreshing brew quickly and easily. With this instant drink, you will get a rich, bold flavor in your favorite cup.
This Nescafe Clasico Dark Roast Pure Instant Coffee is made from 100% real coffee, and the quality can be tasted right away. The company only uses responsibly sourced Robusta and Arabica coffee beans. These beans are carefully roasted, so the full aroma and flavor will be captured in every blend.
With Nescafe Clasico Dark Roast Pure Instant Coffee, you can enjoy a fresh mug of coffee any time of the day, instantly. Your glass jar of coffee in the morning is very easy to prepare by simply adding a teaspoon of coffee into a cup of hot water, stir, and you can enjoy it in a few seconds.
- This instant coffee comes with a premium flavor and rich aroma.
- It offers a pure quality coffee since it is made from 100% real coffee, while the beans are responsibly sourced.
- You will get an exceptional taste in every sip with this rich and bold Nescafe Clasico Dark Roast Pure Instant Coffee.
- Preparing the best mug of coffee at any time of the day has never been this easy. Simply prepare a cup of hot water, add one tablespoon of this instant coffee, stir, and enjoy your coffee!
- Get a taste of real coffee with this Nescafe Clasico Dark Roast Pure Instant Coffee because it is made from 100% real coffee. The company only uses quality beans and roasted them in a very careful way to the full flavor and aroma can be captured in every blend.
- With this product, enjoying your glass jar of coffee in the morning is very easy.
- You get the taste of quality when you get this Nescafe Clasico Dark Roast Pure Instant Coffee. Nescafe takes pride in offering consistent quality coffee that has the highest standard.
- The beans were grown respectfully to make sure that top quality will be achieved. Nescafe is constantly working with coffee farmers as well as agronomists across the globe to guarantee responsible farming and sustainable production. This helps in securing the future supply of coffee.
What is instant coffee?
Instant coffee is a beverage that was made from brewed beans. It has other names such as coffee powder, soluble coffee, and coffee crystals. Instant coffee tastes like regular coffee, but with subtle differences between blends and brands.
With instant coffee, people can quickly prepare their cup of coffee by simply adding hot water and/or milk to the powder and stirring. Every instant coffee product is commercially prepared in two different methods – the freeze-drying and spray drying, which will be rehydrated afterward. You will also find a concentrated liquid form of instant coffee in the market today.
The different advantages of instant coffee are speed of preparation since it dissolves fast in hot water, lower shipping weight as well as volume compared to beans and ground coffee, and longer shelf life as long as the instant coffee is kept dry.
Also, using instant coffee means less cleanup because there are no coffee grounds left after the preparation. Some studies say that instant coffees have a lower environmental footprint compared to other coffee preparation methods.
How is high-quality instant coffee made?
To begin with, instant coffee is still a coffee. It is coffee in powder form, just add hot water to reconstitute the flavor. Let’s explore how the high-quality instant coffees were made so you can enjoy your cup of caffeine in seconds.
There are two methods in making high-quality instant coffee: spray-drying and freeze-drying.
One of the most important things when using this freeze-dried instant coffee method is to keep the drying process as quickly as possible. If the brewed coffee is exposed to the environment for a longer time, it can lose its flavor quickly, which must be avoided.
The process of oxidation starts as soon as any amount of water hits the beans, and the process gets more intense the longer the coffee sits after brewing. The change in taste can even be noticed after an hour of brewing the coffees.
Instant/powdered coffee makers are using one of the best ways to achieve this quick-dry process, and that is by building an evaporation tower that is 75-foot tall. The coffee is sprayed out in a fine mist at the top of this tower, while a jet of hot air, with the temperature of around 415°F, blows the mist downwards.
While the coffee mist is drifting down during this freeze-dried instant coffee method, all the moisture that was created will evaporate, and it will leave tiny particles of concentrated coffee that is pilling up at the bottom. Sometimes, a small amount of water is reintroduced so that the particles will clump together, and the powder will quickly dissolve in your cup.
Freeze drying is a more complicated method in making instant coffee best. The four distinct steps must be strictly followed when using this method to make sure that the soluble coffee made is perfect.
The first step is chilling the coffee concentrated under the temperature of 20°F until it turns into the best Slurpee that you will never find anywhere. Once this process is done, it is separated into bins on a belt for additional cooling. The coffee will slush along as the belt moves, and it will be further cooled until it reaches the temperature of -40°F. The slow cooling is necessary to make sure of the large granules in the final product.
The coffee popsicles are ground down to a specific size that is ideal for drying. For the last step, the grounds will be placed in a vacuum chamber, and the ice water that was left will be heated and turned into vapor. The chunky little coffee particles will be left, and they are ready to dive into your favorite cup.
While these methods were done in a very careful way, they have their share of adverse effects when it comes to the flavor as well as the caffeine-content of the instant coffee. Freeze-drying will leave more aroma compounds intact than the spray-drying. Sometimes, the coffee powder will have some additional aroma and flavor compounds, so better simulation of fresh coffee will be achieved.
Instant coffee is a very handy product that you can conveniently keep around the kitchen, though you don’t drink this form of coffee. Since soluble coffee is very concentrated, the product is more effective than a fresh liquid coffee when it comes to infusing a recipe that requires a coffee-flavor.
What are the best coffee granules?
Here are the top picks of this review when it comes to the best coffee granules.
The top pick for granule-type instant coffee is Starbucks. No one can argue with the fact that Starbucks is one of the top coffee brands when it comes to the best soluble coffee industry. That is not surprising either because every gran is selected in a very careful way before packaging. Before the finished product is released, Starbucks makes sure that it is bringing it to the ideal. This leads to the most balanced, aromatic, tasty, and healthy coffee that you can ever have in your cup.
The honorable mention of coffee granules is Nescafe. This is not surprising since the company is good at making great coffee. That’s the top reason behind its popularity. Nescafe uses special technology when it comes to roasting their beans. Also, this product comes in a very good taste property that can only be achieved through the very intensive cooking methods.
If you are one of those coffee lovers who don’t appreciate the beauty of soluble coffee, it’s the best time to change your outlook with this product. The best soluble coffee comes with many advantages. Aside from the fact that making a cup of your favorite coffee will only take a few seconds, you will also have the chance to control the strength of your coffee according to your taste.
You can do this by adding less or more coffee powder while you are also controlling the amount of water that you add on your cup. Another benefit, if you are using a soluble coffee, is there are no coffee grounds that need to be cleaned after the preparation.
In this review of the best instant coffee, considering the features, pros, and cons of every product, we can say that the best soluble coffee for 2020 is the Starbucks VIA Instant Coffee Colombia Medium Roast. You can try this product if you have trouble looking for the right instant coffee for you. While you find a lot of available products in the market, this instant coffee from Starbucks will give you a one-of-a-kind experience in every cup.
More Posts in this Category: