The caffe latte, most commonly known as a latte, has expanded beyond its classic flavors of milky coffee and has blossomed beyond old favorites such as Hazelnut, Mocha, and French Vanilla. Herbal coffees have thrived in popularity in recent years because of its unique flavors and aroma. One of the most popular variations of the drink is the lavender latte, a delightfully aromatic and sweet blend.
Most people refer to lavender as an aromatic herb garden feature or bouquet accent, but it’s more than that. It’s packed with nutrients and benefits that are good for people and can be used to treat insomnia, depression, anxiety, and restlessness. And it’s slowly making its way to the culinary world, and lavender lattes are the latest trendy coffee that is winning over even the pickiest drinkers.
To help you explore and embrace the benefits of a lavender latte, we’ve provided you with a thorough guide on how you can make one at home and which lavender syrups are the best for your brew.
Products for Lavender Latte Recipe
The key ingredient to any lavender latte recipe is the simple syrup, and you can make your very own at home or use some of the best products in the market. These products are ones that bring the deliciousness, fragrance, and serenity for each cup of coffee.
Sonoma Syrup Co. promises elegance in flavors in each brew with their culinary lavender-infused syrups, perfect for your latte, sorbets, shortbreads, hot teas, sparkling water, or cocktails.
Spice up your coffee with this simple syrup that improves your latte by incorporating unique citrus and mint aromas. It’s ideal for everything, from breakfast pancakes to robust coffee, it promises unique flavors and a taste of nature’s tranquility.
Torani has been in the syrup game for a long time, and they have provided homes and coffee shops with some of the highest quality flavorings. Sit back and relax by adding a swig of tranquil culinary lavender to your latte, making it more luxurious and deliciously unique.
However, if you want to make simple syrup in your home, follow the recipe below to start your homemade lavender latte journey.
- Gather 1 cup of sugar, 2 tablespoons of dried culinary lavender flowers, and 3/4 cup of water.
- Place the dried lavender flowers to a saucepan with 3/4 cup water.
- Turn on your heating source and bring the water to a boil around 212°F and then lower it to a simmer and leave it like that for 5 minutes. Stir the buds occasionally while it’s simmering.
- After 5 minutes, turn off the heat source, remove from heat, and allow the mixture to cool for at least 10 minutes. And after the allotted time, the water should be warm to the touch. When it’s sufficiently warm, add 1 cup sugar.
- Stir to mix the sugar with the herb-infused water until they get dissolved completely. You can also turn the heat source again on low briefly if you need help dissolving the sugar. Ensure the mixture doesn’t simmer as it can crystalize the sugar.
- After dissolving the sugar, pour the simple syrup through a strainer to separate the buds. Store the mixture in a sealed container in your fridge for at least two weeks before using it.
After making your simple homemade syrup, it’s time to make the latte with the herb. Follow the recipe below to achieve a perfect cup of lavender latte at home.
- Since the recipe is for a latte, it’s best to use espresso as the base for the best results. Brew 2 ounces of espresso using an espresso machine, French press, Moka pot, or Aeropress.
- Add 1 to 2 drops of 100% pure therapeutic-grade lavender essential oil or syrup into cold milk.
- If you’re using an espresso machine, use the steam wand and start steaming the milk. However, if you’re not, you can also use a handheld milk frother or a mason jar. When using the mason jar method, place the milk inside it and start shaking until it reaches a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Pour the steamed milk into your double shot espresso.
- You can drizzle honey on the crema milk layer, for a unique honey lavender latte.
- Top of the creamy layer of milk with food-grade dried lavender flowers for decor. Enjoy!
For the best homemade lavender latte, it’s best to use whole milk for the drink and heat it to 150°F. And we recommend using the simple lavender syrups product above for optimal aroma and flavor instead of essential oils. The total time for this recipe is only 15 minutes, including making the syrup. However, if you use any of the syrup products we recommend, you can create top-quality lavender lattes in as little as 10 minutes.
With the world of coffee ever-expanding, many questions may have passed your mind, like what is a macchiato vs. latte? What is herbal coffee? And most importantly, what is lavender coffee? Herbal coffees are taking the coffee world by storm with its unique concept of infusing coffee and herbs, providing several health benefits in a single delicious brew.
One of the most popular aromatic herbs, lavender, has found its way to your favorite caffeinated drink, offering you a soothing way to start or end a busy day. To help you expand your taste buds, here are different recipes you can follow to make plain coffee with lavender using a modern brewer.
The number of coffee grounds and lavender for this recipe varies, depending on the coffee maker you have or the amount you want to make.
- Pour filtered water into the brewer’s water reservoir. You can also use bottled water for the best results.
- Grind your coffee beans, place the fresh grounds in the filter basket of the machine, and add dried lavender buds or syrup.
- Start brewing the coffee.
- After the brewing cycle finishes, you can add milk, sugar, or cream, depending on your preference. Enjoy!
You can alter the recipe depending on your preference, from adding steamed milk to using food-grade essential oils, you’ll still get the same tasty brew for a calmer coffee experience.
Are lavender lattes good?
Lavender lattes are becoming a universal favorite among avid coffee fanatics, as the brew gives them a unique taste and feeling of calmness with each sip. You can make these lattes using the best home latte machine or manually. For thousands of years, many people have been using the herb for its health and calming benefits, including reducing stress, anxiety, or restlessness.
Although coffee has its fair share of health benefits, it still has its adverse side effects. Adding lavender to your favorite milk lattes can provide you the alertness and focus you need from the caffeine minus the exhausting jittery anxiousness. Lavender lattes are suitable for your taste buds and health, giving you delicious brews and serenity with each sip, making mornings calmer than ever.
Does Starbucks have lavender syrup?
With the increasing popularity of herbal coffees, a Starbucks coffee shop is bound to have a syrup incorporated with the herb, right? Although the coffee chain recently released a unique iced honeycomb lavender latte or frappuccino, the drink is only limited to certain countries. These beverages consist of Starbucks’s signature blonde espresso brew, milk, and honey lavender syrup. And unfortunately, they’re not selling any herb-infused syrups. As a solution, you can make use of any of the syrups we mentioned above and create your very own lavender latte at home using the best automatic latte machine for home.
Does Starbucks have a lavender latte?
Starbucks offers two lavender inspired drinks, one with actual flavor of the herbs and another that resembles its beautiful hue. The iced honeycomb lavender latte or frappuccino is a popular limited-edition drink in specific countries and consists of Starbucks’s signature blonde espresso roast, simple syrup, and milk. Another herb-inspired drink is what drinkers commonly refer to as ‘purple drink,’ which consists of soy milk, passion iced tea, and vanilla bean syrup. Recreate your favorite lavender lattes from your favorite coffee shop at home by investing in the best Nespresso machine for latte for soothing brews.
Lavender Syrup for Coffee
What is a cappuccino vs. latte? What are herb-infused coffees? Coffee has gone a long way, and now there’s a brew for everyone. If you want to make lavender lattes or coffee at home, but can’t achieve that perfect aromatic blend, you may be using the wrong syrups. You can create your very own herb-infused syrups at home. But if you want convenience, it’s best to opt for some of the best syrup brands in the market, including Sonoma Syrup Co., Pink House Alchemy, and Torani lavender simple syrup. These can provide you with the best soothing brews for sweeter and calmer coffee sessions.
Conclusion: Is Lavender good in coffee?
Coffees are intricate caffeine-packed drinks that may lead you to wonder, how much caffeine in latte? Is adding herbs useful in coffee? Adding lavender to your coffee can give it a luxurious feel, giving you a subtle and calming feeling when enjoying your plain coffee or milky lattes. Although it may not replace your current ‘go-to’ caffeinated beverage, it’s a great brew to enjoy if you’re feeling extra fancy or want to feel serenity. Plus, lavender blends in well with the natural coffee flavors without overpowering it.
If you’re tired of sipping on the same brew every morning, you can spice up your drink by adding lavender. Try and make your very own lavender latte at home, giving you an authentic serene coffee experience, giving you calmness in each sip for better and calmer days.