The average coffee drinker typically starts their day off with a cup of piping hot brewed coffee. However, when summer begins, it can be hard to enjoy a hot drink in the morning or at any point of the day. To get the caffeine boost, you need to start your day right, consider making iced coffees or frozen coffee to enjoy the warm weather while still getting your much-needed caffeine fix.
If you’re looking for that perfectly blended iced coffee or frozen coffee recipe to make at home, here are some of the best iced and frozen coffee recipes for every dedicated coffee lover. All of these recipes are easy to make, affordable, and are 100% delicious!
Popular Frozen Coffee Recipe
Rather than pouring regular hot brewed coffee on ice or cooling it the day before, you can use your latte coffee machine or choose from the top 5 coffee maker to help you make a one-of-a-kind frozen coffee or iced coffee concoctions. To give you a head start to your iced coffee making adventure, here are some of the most popular iced coffee and frozen coffee recipes to effectively perk you up and tickle your taste buds.
French Vanilla Blended Iced Coffee Recipe
You can start by sticking with the classic French vanilla coffee. This recipe is simple, and the prep time is only a few minutes, allowing you to enjoy this delectable drink before you know it.
- 1 cup of cold-brewed coffee
- Three teaspoons of sugar or any sweetener you like
- 1 to 2 tablespoon(s) of French vanilla flavored creamer
- 2 cups of ice cubes
- Chocolate syrup and cool whip (optional)
- For the cold brew, you can use ready-made variations or make your own by allowing coarse coffee grounds to infuse in cold water overnight.
- Mix coffee, sugar, creamer, and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into a blender, then add the frozen cubes and blend until smooth.
- You can top it off with cool whip and chocolate syrup, or leave it as ease.
Copycat Mocha Frappé Recipe
This copycat mocha frappe recipe is a hit with avid coffee drinkers and lovers because it allows you to create the famous mocha frappe at home. It’s perfect for the spring, summer, and anytime you’re craving a frozen cup of bliss.
- Brewed coffee
- 1 cup of milk
- Chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Garnish (optional)
- In this recipe, you need to make frozen coffee cubes first. These caffeinated frozen cubes provide you with more coffee flavor and a mocha frappe that’s rich and decadent. Pour the brewed coffee into clean ice cube trays and freeze.
- When they are completely frozen, add the coffee cubes, chocolate syrup, milk, and sugar into a blender.
- Blend the ingredients until it reaches the consistency you want.
- Pour into a glass and garnish it to your preference.
Caramel Macchiato Frappe Recipe
Enjoy the blended classic caramel macchiato beverage at home by following this simple recipe. The prep time is only 10 minutes, allowing you to create barista-quality at home.
- 1 teaspoon of instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon of hot water
- 1/2 cup of chocolate milk
- 2 tablespoons of caramel sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- Whipped cream
- Dissolve coffee in hot water.
- Place 1/2 cup of chocolate milk, caramel sauce, sugar, vanilla, frozen cubes, and the dissolved coffee in a blender.
- Start blending the ingredients and stop once you reach the consistency you prefer.
- Pour into a glass and topped with whipped cream. You can also drizzle additional caramel sauce on top for more flavor.
Blended Iced Coffee
This simple recipe provides a drink that can satisfy your sweet tooth while ensuring you still get that caffeine buzz needed to start the day right. You can make a few adjustments to the recipe according to your preference.
- 1 cup of brewed coffee at room temperature
- 1/3 cup skim, whole, or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 3 cups of crushed ice
- 3 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons of sugar or other sweeteners
- Place the brew, milk, crushed ice, chocolate chips, and sugar into a blender.
- Blends all ingredients until you reach your preferred consistency.
- Pour the content into glasses, and you can top it off with additional chocolate chips and chocolate syrup. Enjoy!
Common Iced Coffee Flavors
As warmer days approach, the iced coffee season begins, providing people with refreshingly cold versions of their favorite coffee drinks. Iced coffee can be as straightforward as pouring coffee over ice. However, if you want to make the best-iced blended coffee at home, it’s best to learn how much coffee to put in a french press or use high-quality instant coffee to achieve the perfect iced coffee and frozen coffee that would make baristas proud.
To help you decide which iced coffee recipes you should try and create, here are some of the most popular and common iced coffee flavors approved by coffee lovers, experts, and baristas worldwide.
Iced Cafe Latte
Caffè latte has been a staple breakfast drink for people globally, and its iced version is dominating different coffee houses around the world. This iced coffee flavor is a classic favorite of many, and its recipe only contains espresso, cold milk, and sugar. There are many variations of this drink, and you can add flavored syrups to add your unique twist to this popular beverage.
The most common iced coffee flavor for different coffee houses in the world is the Cold Caffè mocha. It’s prepared similarly to iced latte, and its recipe consists of espresso, milk, sugar, bittersweet mocha sauce, and ice. The only difference in their methods is that an iced mocha contains whipped cream on top and drizzled with dark chocolate sauce.
Iced White Chocolate Mocha
This flavor is perfect for people that like strong brews with a hint of sweetness. The recipe for this popular flavor typically contains espresso, white chocolate sauce, frozen cubes, milk, and whipped cream. You can add your twist by topping it off with cinnamon syrup or using regular chocolate sauce than the white version.
Cold Brew Iced Coffee
One of the most popular and common iced coffee variations in coffee houses worldwide is the cold brew. The recipe for this classic drink is simple, but the brewing process is the complicated part. You need to steep coffee coarse grounds in cold water for 12 to 24 hours, giving you smooth and naturally sweet flavors, unlike any other. You can add several ingredients to cater to your taste, such as adding coconut milk, dark caramel syrup, or even a full espresso shot.
Iced Caramel Macchiato
A popular choice for many is the iced caramel macchiato, from frappe, hot to iced, everyone loves a good cup of this caramel drink. The recipe for this beverage includes espresso, vanilla syrup, frozen cubes, milk, and caramel sauce.
The perfect cup of the classic coffee iced! A traditional Americano recipe consists of espresso shots and a whole lot of water to produce a light layer of crema, giving you a rich cup with depth and nuance. You can give it more vibrance by adding a splash of coconut milk or white chocolate mocha sauce.
You can get these popular coffee iced flavors in your local grocery stores, coffee shops, or try making them at home. Most only follow a simple recipe, so you should be able to create a delectable cup in the comfort of your home with ease.
Best Selling Blended Coffee Drinks
There’s a common theme with popular and best-selling iced and frozen blended coffee drinks, and that’s they only use the best kinds of coffee grounds or beans for their recipe. Before diving into some of the most famous blended frozen coffee drinks, ensure you get a top-quality coffee machine with grinder for home use. The grinder’s added convenience ensures you only get the best and freshest roasts for your iced coffee and frozen coffee.
To inspire your inner coffee lover, here are some of the most popular and best-selling coffee drinks from different coffee chains and shops worldwide.
White Mocha Frappe
A popular frozen coffee variation amongst coffee lovers and casual drinkers is mocha. It perfectly balances the natural flavors of the coffee and sweetness of sugar and other additives. The white mocha frappe is one of the best-selling blended drinks that famous coffee chains from all around offer. The recipe for this beverage consists of white chocolate and espresso, giving you the right amount of sweetness to pair with different pastries.
A simple blended coffee drink is a coffee frappe. This classic beverage makes customers come back for more, having a straightforward recipe of coffee, milk, ice, and sugar. It’s a perfect caffeinated drink that gives you that much-needed energy for lazy mornings.
Caramel Coffee Frappe
Caramel dominates coffee houses from all over the world, from caramel macchiato to this simple caramel coffee frappe. It’s easily one of the best-selling blended drinks you can get your hands on. The beverage has a recipe that only contains caramel syrup, milk, ice, coffee, giving you a perfect balance of sweet and savory.
Java Chip Frappe
This blended frozen coffee is a popular variation of the classic mocha blends. It’s dominating one of the most established coffee chains globally, and it’s currently the one number best-selling flavor for blended coffee drinks. The recipe consists of mocha sauce, chocolate chips, coffee, milk, and ice.
Pumpkin Spice Frappe
A trendy blended coffee drink that translates to big business to coffee houses is the pumpkin spice coffee drink. The recipe for this famous drink consists of milk, coffee, ice, sugar, and topped with cream and pumpkin pie spice. It’s a perfect blend of sweet and savory, making it an excellent drink to enjoy during the holiday seasons.
This famous Italian coffee-based dessert is a best-seller among many coffee houses. There are many variations of this drink/dessert, but its original recipe consists of a scoop of vanilla gelato and topped with a shot of piping hot espresso. You can sip the affogato slowly or eat it using a spoon, making it the perfect dessert and after-dinner drink.
Take your skills to the test and try to make any of these best-selling blended coffee drinks at home by following each drink’s simple recipe. Or you can order any of these beverages the next time you visit your local coffee shops to beat the heat and enjoy hotter days while getting your caffeine fix.
How to Make Frozen Coffee
Rather than drink plain cold coffee, grab your blender and create a delicious frozen coffee drink that is perfect to beat hotter days. Here’s a simple recipe you can follow, helping you create this tasty treat in a few minutes, allowing you to enjoy it at home.
You can customize this frozen coffee recipe into any flavor you want, such as using instant, brewed, or freshly roasted coffee and different creamers to add a unique personal twist to the drink. However, the ingredients you’ll need to create a blended frozen coffee base are the following:
- 1 cup of chilled brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup of whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons of the coffee creamer of your choice
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- Add the cold-brewed coffee, cool whip, syrup, creamer, and frozen cubes into a blender.
- Continue blending until you reach the consistency of your choice.
- Pour the content into a glass.
- Grab a straw and serve immediately. Enjoy!
You can keep brewed coffee in your refrigerator before making the drink so you can make this recipe in less than 5 minutes. For instance, when you brew a full pot of java, place some in a mason jar or mug and place it inside your refrigerator to make the frozen coffee later.
Frozen Caramel Coffee Recipe
A popular flavor that you can incorporate in your frozen coffee is caramel, and you can create a perfect cup at home by following this simple recipe. It only takes around 5 minutes to make, giving you a refreshing cup with ease.
- Half a cup of cold brew coffee
- Half a cup of whole milk or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of caramel syrup
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of whipped topping
- 8 ice cubes
- Pour the cold brew coffee, milk of your choice, caramel syrup, and sugar.
- Blend up to 5 to seconds or until the ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
- Add frozen cubes inside the blender and blend for 5 seconds.
- Pour the content into a glass.
- Serve with the whipped topping of your choice and add a drizzle of caramel syrup. Enjoy!
Enjoying Frozen Iced Coffee
Nothing beats indulging in a refreshing cup of iced or frozen coffee, especially during hotter days. You can buy ready-made iced and frozen coffees in your local grocery stores and coffee shop. But nothing’s better than homemade coffee! Try the easy to make recipes we have listed to explore the different coffee possibilities, delighting your tastes buds with each sip. Each recipe has unique specialties that give all kinds of coffee lovers the perfect frozen concoction to enjoy.
We hope this article helped you discover the different flavors that you can create with coffee, indulge in a cold cup, and beat the heat with style. Which Frozen Coffee Recipe was your favorite?